Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

So Yeah...

I did try.  Thing 8.

I didn't want to set up a social media account that I would never use.  Face it, I'm just not into you Facebook, stop asking!  It's a totally backward notion, I know, but I just can't rally myself to join up.  So that left two other options, Twitter or Google+.  Sorry, LinkedIn et al.  You guys don't even warrant a mention.  Oh, wait...well I guess LinkedIn does, but you other guys.  I used to pretend I belonged to LinkedIn.  I never actually signed up.

My brother has been nagging me ever since he started Tweeting, to join Twitter.  It's not like Facebook, you'll like it!  -He says.  Looking at his Twitter Feed I don't really see much of a difference.  Of course, it looks different.  I find his Twitter page a little more visually interesting than Facelessbook, and of course, I can't view his 'wall' or posts on Fbook since I haven't joined.  At least with Twitter I can see what he has to say, and I quote, "Woah, it is bizarre how warm 16 is feeling right now!"  A Tweet "...so beautiful, and so badly spelled, that even now I can hardly read them without crying a little."

So in effect, I found them to be at their basic levels quite the same.  Just post, or tweet, whatever's going on in your life, pics, news, links, etc.

So, this blog is for those who, like me, don't belong to Twitter or Facebook, and have little desire to do so.  Google+ is less work to set up.

As I've said in other posts, I have and use Google services a lot.  So I joined Google+.  Don't bother checking though, I've already disabled it.  That's right.

I joined G+ after Googleing HootSuite and some of the other media management tools to see if they worked with G+.  HootSuite seemed to be the only one.  I added the App to the iPad and started it up.  G+ is not currently supported by HootSuite.  Dead end.

From what my librarian friend Dulcey showed me it look like a pretty sweet (haha) way to manage your feeds/following according to different subjects.  I couldn't really see using it on anything smaller than an iPad though.

So, to end.  If you don't want to join Fbook or Twitter, you've probably got nothing to manage anyway since no one's on Google+.