Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Note taking with an iPad

For the 23 Mobile things, my next task is learning to use some various note taking apps.  I decided that since I don't own the iPad, I would just set up the simple Bamboo Paper app, since it gave the option for multiple separate, read only or password protected "notebooks."  This would be a great option for families or others who are sharing an iPad.

I also liked the fact that there was an option for handedness, however, it's difficult holding the iPad in one hand and writing with the other, no matter which hand it is...I hadn't realized just how heavy they are before trying this exercise.

There were a few options for different paper styles (lined, graphed, etc.) and cover colors, and the option to buy more styles and covers (since they're all still digital I don't see the point).

My favorite thing about the app was the ability it had for multiple different notebooks, but really when I get right down to it, sure it was fun to play with make squiggly lines, and rough drawings of trees, suns, and write my name a couple times, I don't see myself using this to take serious notes.  Call me old school, but if I really wanted to take notes on something important and have them be legible, I would either use a notebook computer, or an actual physical notebook and pen.

I think the Dragon Dictation software would be really fun to try, maybe next time though.