Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Thing 2 of 23 (is not of the Borg)

Initially I didn't think much of iOS 7, finding it clunky and most annoyingly for me I couldn't figure out how to close apps.  Which I realize isn't a necessary thing, being able to run many apps at once is one of the selling points, right?  After fussing around with it for awhile I gave up, time to turn to Google.

Turns out it's still simple just two taps on the home screen and all running apps are visible and can be closed.  So, coming in to Thing 2 I was already pretty familiar with using the internet to find out how to do computer related things, I've been using it to look up game walk-through since the 90's after all!

Since I'm also posting this entry from an iPad I found the tips, such as using more than one finger to tap the space key for various effects, rather useful. The split keyboard was too small for my large untrained thumbs and left me with some interesting autocorrects.   I imagine some people find the shortcut for "undo" just in the course of shaking their iPad in frustration.

Overall, although I didn't hate using the iPad for this update and did get faster once I got going, I would much rather be using my PC...

I'm sure that each app has tips, tricks and Easter eggs, which will be fun to discover. I wonder if my brother has found any yet...maybe if I use the player name "One" in a game I"ll earn a gate badge!