Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

23 Mobile Things in 2014

I think I was born a little bit late.  I'm a bit cynical about technology and tend to roll my eyes at a generation that seems preoccupied with looking at screens and updating statuses instead of actually interacting with the world around them.  I even caught my older brother checking his Twitter feed in an art museum, standing right in front of a beautiful piece of art.  It blows my mind a little.

That said, I also realize that Twitter, Tumblr and other social media tools are now how people receive and send information.  If I want to reach them, I should at least be familiar with today's tech.  In the future art museums could be virtual and accessed through augmented reality glasses, and you could tour them with a friend, who may physically be on another continent.

So, here starts my experiment, will I be able to master the skills my peers view as extensions of themselves?  I admit, I doubt that I'll end this wanting to start another social media account or buying myself a smart phone (no I don't have one, and pick your jaw off the floor!), but I am looking forward to learning new tools and being able to understand just what my brother is doing all the time when he's staring at that screen and making his magic thumb sweeps.