Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Random Shuffle

The Envelope Manufacturer - Chris Oliveros B.P.R.D Hell On Earth Volume 12 : Metamorphosis - Mike Mignola Fantasy Sports - Sam Bosma

Chris Oliveros' The Envelope Manufacturer was quite a trip.  It was a bit confusing to keep who was speaking straight and exactly what was going on, but it was basically the story of a desperate man trying and failing again and again to keep his envelope manufacturing business from failing.  Others try to convince him of the futility of his efforts, but he keeps muttering to himself, just one more chance, if he could just, they just need a couple months of orders, then the debts can be paid the the machines fixed or updated...etc.  It was a bit depressing, but the art kept me going.  Loved the style of his slightly off-kilter jittering lines.  Also the business wear and tiny shoes.

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth continues with this slightly less action packed, a bit more introspective volume as Johannes questions his humanity, without a body, can he still empathize with those who feel, with those who can die?  Great art as usual, I especially enjoyed the Modern Prometheus section with art by Tedesco, Stewart & Robins.  Johannes has long been one of my favorite characters of the series.  Despite his in-corporeality has always seemed a little more grounded than Abe or Liz, who are prone to fits of angst and sturm and drang.  I also have, more than any other character in the series, envied his 'power.'

No Brow again provides me with a great book, Fantasy Sports by Sam Bosma was totally awesome.  It immediately reminded me of Adventure Time, and definitely holds it's own in that comparison.  Of these three, I'm most looking forward to reading the next volume of this series.  I can't wait to see what Wiz-Kid and Mug get up to in their next adventure.  I loved that while being totally hilarious and action-packed Bosma gives a cool message about not judging people by their outward appearances and a bit of Girl Power to boot.  Awesome, loved the style, the vibrant colors and the bigger than life characters.  Can't wait to see where this goes next.