Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Aww! Penguins!

Waddle! Waddle! - James Proimos

A penguin in a red bowler hat met a very good dancer the other day, but can't find him anywhere.

Waddle!  Waddle!  Belly Slide!  So, the penguin waddles and belly slides around looking for his dancing friend.  He meets some other penguins, but they sing and play the horn, they don't dance.  Then he spots a familiar red bowler hat!  It's his friend.

Or not.  Instead it's a large hungry seal.  "Sorry for your bad day, penguin, but I shall eat you now."  Wait, the singing penguin and horn playing penguin are there to save the day and what's this, his dancing friend has been there all along...

Very goofy and funny.  My favorite part is the googly eyes of the penguins, which gave them a lot of personality.  A short cute book with large illustrations that would be good for storytime presentations.  Repetition of "Waddle Waddle Belly Slide" could be called out by penguin loving children for a good time.