Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Love the Title

Miseryland (Powdered Milk) - Keiler Roberts

Miseryland is a graphic memoir about living with a young kid, being a comic artist, working through mental illness and all the weird stuff that makes up life.

Keiler Roberts doesn't shy back from depicting her life as it is, with things that she's afraid of, regrets, bits of parenting where she's afraid she's being a 'bad mom,' hilarious things her daughter Xia says and does as well as things that are less amusing.

Encounters she has walking the dog, memories of her childhood, it's all very interesting and creates a compelling picture of her life.

I really enjoyed reading it and many of her observations made me think about my own thoughts and opinions and re-evaluate what I thought.

Recommended for those who enjoyed graphic memoirs such as Stitches, A Matter of Life, and Calling Doctor Laura.