Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

You Can't Beaton...it?

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection - Kate Beaton

Ok, that was a pretty lame pun.  But...really Kate Beaton is so awesome.  Even though I've read most of these comics on her website http://www.harkavagrant.com/ this is soo worth, not only checking out from the library, but buying for a personal library.

Beaton's witty comics are sure to amuse those with backgrounds in history and literature, but no matter how familiar one is with Alexander the Great, Ben Franklin or Jane Austen novels these comics are hilarious.

Pop culture mixed with broadside images from the Bodleian?  Yes, please.  Comics featuring Lois Lane trying to remain the top reporter whilst dealing with idiotic Clark Kent.  Thank you, yes!  Shelley and Byron talking about dreams.  Hell yes!

So, funny and original, I mean, Pride and Prejudice has been done a million ways, but, have you ever seen it crossed with the X-files?  No, I didn't think so.  Yeah, and I know you want it.

So go get it, like now.