Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

She's got a magic wrench? Awesome!

Amelia Cole and the Impossible Fate - Adam P. Knave, D. J. Kirkbride, Nick Brokenshire

Ok, I jumped into this series a little late, but despite that still enjoyed the ride.

The story is about three separate worlds facing the same enemy.  The first world is a world of science (the world we would recognize), the second a world of magic, the third a combined world with both science and magic (that'd be the one to live in I'd say).

We follow two major protagonists and a group of freedom fighters in the three worlds.  Amelia and Hector were once enemies (this must be from the first book), but now they need to work together against their common enemy, but they've been flung into different worlds!

Amelia is in the magic world where she is pursued by the police.  Hector into the science world where he coincidentally meets Amelia's best friend.  While in the combined world the enemy moves forward with it's plan to suck all the magic out of the combined and magic worlds, then crush the three worlds together, destroying everyone.

The art is pretty good, not my favorite, sometimes the characters features can get a bit muddled, but for the most part it's good.  I really enjoyed the story line, especially Amelia and her magic wrench, which is basically the best part of the entire thing for me.

I'm not chomping at the bit to find out more, but I'm interested.