Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

I May Belong On...

Bitch Planet Volume 1 - Kelly Sue DeConnick, Robert Wilson IV, Valentine De Landro

Are you too fat, too thin, too loud, too shy, too religious, too secular, too prudish, too sexual, too queer, too black, too brown, too whatever-it-is-they'll-judge-you-for-today?

This comic has it all, substance, style, characters, messages worth taking home to the parents.  I loved every bit of it.  Not a page or a panel of this comic is put to waste either, the advertisements, each word in each thought bubble, lends clues to the plot or gives a cynical poke at society or strikes a thoughtful chord (or a violent one).

Even though the message is a bit ram it down their throats, it works so well here and c'mon, we kind of need this message to be pushed too far and a with a touch of violence.  If we're honest.  I'm all for it.

I am really excited to read more.  I can't wait to find out more about the characters.  This one is right up there with Rat Queens for me.  In a way both series are similar, starring a complex and diverse cast of women and taking each issue to explore a bit of history behind some of the characters while expanding the overall plot of the comic, both are really well drawn and well created comics.

Recommended Required reading for any woman person.