Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Super Powered Political Upheaval

C.O.W.L. Volume 2: The Greater Good (Cowl Tp) - Kyle Higgins, Alec Siegel, Trevor McCarthy

As the super hero strike continues a new threat looms in Chicago prompting the Mayor to reconsider his position.

Where have these new villains come from and what are their motives?  Will the C.O.W.L members continue to maintain strike lines or cross over to defend the city and risked being labeled a scab and killed?

Behind the scenes strings are being pulled, investigations turn up dirt and the truth is in danger of being buried forever.

This is a super hero comic where the true heroes are separated not by epic battles, but by a willingness to speak up against corruption, to stand against the bosses and to put not only ones life in danger, but ones future and reputation.

If that doesn't sound too exciting...well it's not.  It's a bit slow, but I'm really liking Radia/Kathryn who isn't willing to be just a pretty face, some super powered poster girl.  She's also not willing to back down or stand by when she sees powers being abused, people in danger and justice not being done.

We get to see some various villains introduced over a few scattered scenes.  The main villain in this volume is "Doppler" who can control sound.  Although I liked his mask he didn't have much personality and I was a bit bored by the hired thug.  The characters throughout the comic could use a bit more development and work.  As it is most characters are as drab as the colors of this muted series.  The Nosferatu looking dude seems to have some potential though.

Overall, not my favorite story, I've never been that interested in mob stories or corrupt politicians.  But, I also know that I'm going to pick up the next comic just for more Radia.