Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

For Lazy Children

Kids Go! - They Might Be Giants

Read along with the accompanying cd, this would be good to get those lazy children off their butts.  Yes, I know video games are the best thing ever and you're developing those hand-eye coordination and problem solving skills, but probably 4 hours of sitting at a time is enough, let's get up and GO!

The point of the book is to encourage kids to jump like jumping beans, get off the couch and move and go, go go.

The words are repeated often.  It's a pretty simple book, and perhaps goes on a bit too long, but the message is nice.  I wouldn't recommend just reading the book, since it's about getting up and moving not sitting "crisscross applesauce" (I've heard that reference in three separate places this month for some reason) and listening patiently and quietly for a storyteller to flip each page.

The illustrations are colorful and fun, but I'd say the book would be best read held by a moving, jumping, yelling person, and I feel the illustration style would hold up to that.

Overall, I'd just listen to the accompanying cd and rock out.  They Might Be Giants are fun kids!  Let's never listen to Wiggleworms again!!