Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

More Sugary Shorts - Tasty!

Adventure Time: Sugary Shorts Vol. 2 Mathematical Edition - Pendleton Ward

More short comics about our favorite Oooians.  Almost all of these stories were only 10 or so pages (or less) long, so they definitely fit the sugary shorts bill.  Each one a delectable, sweet and smile-inducing taste of Adventure Time.

Favorites here include Heart by Emily Partridge, which was a very sweet wordless comic about Marceline and P Bubs and their adorbs friendship.  Then there's the one where Ice King crashes Finn's costume party.  Oh yeah, and the Lemongrab's picnic.  All so good!

The adventure featuring Fionna & Cake had me scratch my chin a bit though.  Basically it was about how Fionna has to mask herself as a dude to get into some awesome hero party - dressing in a squared off hat and blue shorts.  I was happy, because now Fionna looked exactly how I think she should, exactly the same as Finn.  I kind of dislike how to create the femme version of Finn everything had to be softened, Finn's edges rounded off, made soft.  I kind of hate that.  Anyway the comic is about lazy men sitting around just waiting to get their feet kissed and then Fionna busts in to kick the dudes into space.  "We're women and better than everybody!" She exclaims at she and Cake pose dramatically.

I liked that part, even though it's a bit sexist.

As usual, art is astounding, stories are amazing and Adventure Time reigns supreme.