Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Stories to Remember

Shadow Show: Stories In Celebration of Ray Bradbury - Joe Hill, Jason Ciaramella, Neil Gaiman

This graphic novel is a celebration and tribute to the writer Ray Bradbury.  There are comics here that are adaptations of his works and others that are inspired by his worlds, others still that explore a relationship with Bradbury himself.

Each one is a well written and drawn piece and taken together it is a very neat tribute to the famous author.  A few I've seen before in other collections, some that I actually heard read before seeing this new comic form, "The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury," by Neil Gaiman for example, which was very well done.

Those who are fans of Bradbury would be remiss to skip this graphic, check it out from the library, at least!

My favorites were the Gaiman story I mentioned, as well as Live Forever by Weller and Sexton, Altenmoor, Where the Dogs Dance by Castle and Gallant and Conjure by Hoffman, Weller, Castle and Evenhuis.

Though I've read very few things by Bradbury I got the sense from these artists and writers that Bradbury was a large influence on their creations as well.  The authors set out to pay tribute to Bradbury and I believe meet their goal.