Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

A Bit of Craic

Bad Machinery Volume 3: The Case of the Simple Soul - John Allison

Bad Machinery vol. 3; The Case of the Simple Soul.  I missed these guys.  Their two previous adventures, recorded in "The Case of the Team Spirit" and "The Case of the Good Boy," were both hilarious and by about page five of the first volume I was totally invested in the characters and story.

In previous adventures the two bands of kid detectives battled for supremacy.  After their second adventure though, some things got a bit weird and now, the groups have broken.  Will they be able to balance action and romance!?  With a firebug and a troll in their midst the kids have an abundance of mysteries to solve and trouble to get on with, including building an amazing Wendy House that transforms into a killer bike ramp.

Favorites here include; the Tackleford Fire Department, to become a fire fighter one need only answer one multiple choice question: Do you hate fire?  Yes, no, or to the extreme! And then the second question which is a pass/fail push up test.  Also, a smelly but friendly fox.

Finally, the bonus "Husbands, Husbands, Husbands" section at the end is not to be missed!  I loved it!

Those who enjoyed Archie and the Hardy Boys, check this amazing, funny book that is sure to amuse and delight (and also in the glossary you can learn what craic is, too).