Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Loki & Predictability

Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed - G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona

I'm still enjoying Ms. Marvel.  I like her as a character, she's a fun, energetic and a pretty normal kid despite her super powers.  I also often like how the writers are presenting a diverse cast of characters and trying not to do the typical soap opera plots often seen in superhero comics.  I like that they're trying to stay away from the stereotypes and present stories that are more realistic and look at real world issues.

It's just that...sometimes it's not as successful as other times.  For example, I enjoyed the Valentine's Dance chapter of this comic, I liked how when Kamala receives a bizarre secret admirer letter she's flattered and curious...but also not sure if she's willing to miss out on double xp weekend in her MMO.  Loki's guest appearance in this comic was also well done.

I also liked the final story in the comic where Kamala teams up with two S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents  to bust a black market villain artifact ring and impresses Agent Coulson with her awesome power of being a super fan.  She doesn't back down to him, even though he's supposed to be the authority, she knows her stuff!

What I didn't like was the predictable, done to death and boring the story arc with Kamran, her new boyfriend.  It was apparent from the moment Kamala is introduced to him, that he is so obvs. a baddie.  He's the perfect boy for her parents, but oddly enough he's also into the same MMO as Kamala and seems to be her perfect fit...huh.

Of course Kamala would totally crush on the bad guy, then get kidnapped by him and have to fight him, then at the end re-unite with the nice boy next door who happens to be head over heels in love with her.  That was lame.

Puke.