Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Roan's Adventures Continue

The Phantom Bully (Star Wars: Jedi Academy #3) - Jeffrey Brown

This is the third book in Jeffrey Brown's Jedi Academy series and is the last year Roan will attend Jedi Academy as a Padawan (middle schooler).  He hopes.  There are a few tests this year that everyone has to pass in order to move on, will Roan make it?  With help from his friends he hopes this will be the best year yet, but Cronah and the other bullies seem to have it out for him more than ever.

As usual Brown's colorful style and spot on storytelling make for a wonderful graphic novel many kids (regardless of gender or geekery) will enjoy.  It's great to see Roan (and the other kids) develop over the course of this series, character development is just very very good, realistic, yet with those lovely messages like, friendship, dealing with bullying, and much more.  I really loved Roan's mentorship with Mr. Garfield and how they developed an understanding and built up Roan's confidence.

This would be a great series to recommend to kids, it's kinda wholesome...but not painfully so.  Also, Jeffrey Brown is just awesome.