Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Disillusioned Punk Artist

Wendy - Walter K. Scott

Wendy is a young, hip, punk artist.  Everyone just loves the posters she makes for the shows, but of course, despite the fact that everyone thinks she's great she has a difficult time finding work.

She works through her own bad choices, the crappy advice she gets from everyone, and the party scene she's part of and eventually, after hitting rock bottom and going back home, she makes her decision.  It seems like for every person she meets who seems to care about her, there are three more who make her life hard, whether through just distracting her to actively trying to screw with her.

The comic also has interludes about another character Screamo, who is one of Wendy's friends who is constantly giving her bad ideas and then crashing at her place.

While the graphic novel doesn't really wrap things up for readers, it's nice to leave the space for interpretation.  Her final decision I take as a good one, to get away from the scene that was dragging her down and keeping her distracted from creating and go someplace else.