Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

The Magical Girl for the Rest of Us

Bee and Puppycat #1 - Natasha Allegri, Garrett Jackson

Bee is such a funny character.  I can relate to her, especially when Tempbot is impressed by humans having special clothes for special parts of the day and she replies, "Meh. I'm not very good at it."

Yeah, me either.  Pajamas are the best.

I also loved that there were QR codes on some of the pages so that we could listen to the music boxes that Puppycat and Bee were tasked with fixing in their first job.  I just wish there had been a couple for Puppycat's vocaloid.  But, I suppose that's easy enough to find.  But, it could have been easier!!

What makes Bee and Puppycat so compelling?  Like Adventure Time there is something for everyone to enjoy and messages that aren't moral tales/parables, but just common sense stuff like, don't put off cleaning, 'cause it's just gonna come back and bite you.

I love the curmudgeonly Puppycat too.  The mystery surrounding his character (will he ever be able to reclaim his princely self?) is fun, and his desire for platform shoes is just hilarious.

Mainly, this is just a fun comic that anyone would have a good time reading.  Still, I do appreciate the animation a bit more, just because of how important the sounds and music are to the series.