Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Would You Like Hell Fire With That?

The Devil Is a Part-Timer, Vol. 1 (manga) (The Devil Is a Part-Timer Manga) - Satoshi Wagahara

So, just as his evil army was about to be defeated, Demon King Satan, and his top General, Alciel, try to escape to a different dimension.  That turns out to be modern day Tokyo, where Satan is forced to get a job in order to survive.

He ends up becoming a part-time employee at MgRonald's fast food chain.  His ultimate goal is to take over Japan and then create a portal to return to defeat the human army and take over Ente Isla.

However, he's not the only one who ended up in Tokyo, his nemesis, the Hero Emilia chased him, to end him once and for all.  With all of their powers greatly reduced the three must keep their battles in check though, lest they end up in the Japanese correctional institution for the remainder of their lives.

The graphic is humorous, mainly because of the Lord Satan stuff, but otherwise pretty standard fare.  Emi Yusa (Emilia the Hero) is a office lady and much better off than the two demons so she's appalled by their tiny apartment and budget meals of scrambled eggs (and nothing else).  However, she also starts to see that there is more to Satou (Satan) than just mindless evil, he's strangely good and considerate at his job and helpful towards others, even borrowing her his umbrella (which she breaks into a "million pieces."

When the three find themselves in danger from an unknown (though probably demonic) figure, they have to band together, maybe to save all of Tokyo.  Although Devil is a Part Timer doesn't have a very deep plot or characters, I'm interested enough to check out the next volume.

This would probably be popular with fans of Soul Eater, any of that monster girl stuff, and even those who like Bleach, though it's more on the comedy side, than the battle manga side.