Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Come Along With Me

Adventure Time Vol. 6 - Ryan North, Shelli Paroline, Braden Lamb

I'm glad that my brother made me watch an episode of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.  I didn't want to watch it.  I was bored by the prospect of watching another kids show and either missing the point or missing being a kid, since most shows somewhat lose their appeal once we grow up.  There are a few though that hold a special place, shows that even once we grow older are just as funny and affecting as they were when we were kids.

I think Adventure Time will be one of those shows, whether you started watching it when you were a kid, or like me, as a grown up, it's something that contains the power to entertain and excite both kids and adults at the same time.

Adventure Time comics are nostalgic, hilarious and often very heartfelt and full of good friendly vibes.  It's tongue in cheek and never saccharine, but in the end AT is about friendship and being a good person.  Life lessons are learned.  This is the kind of show I'd want my bros kids to watch and the kind of comics I'd hand them happily (not any of that superhero junk.)

With art done by some of my favorite artists like Jeffrey Brown and James Kolchalka this is too good to pass on.  Whether one is reading for the humor, the art or the toot jokes, Adventure Time satisfies and leaves one with happy feelings of well being and candy and stuff.

I now play Christmas Island at the end of the storytimes I reluctantly give to families at the library and it brings me some comfort and joy, so far no ones complained.  Really, I recommend Adventure Time with Finn and Jake for anyone who's a kid, played video games or Dungeons & Dragons as a kid or likes toot jokes.