Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

It Am Delicious

The Glorkian Warrior Eats Adventure Pie - James Kochalka

The newest in Kochalka's Glorkian Warrior graphic novel series takes the Glorkian Warrior on a new adventure.  Just when the Glorkian Warrior is about to defeat the pie eating space snake for good when Buster Glark steals the show and to make matters worse lets the space snake escape to further trouble the pie loving denizens of the universe.

Soon Gonk, the Baby Alien the Glorkian Warrior rescued in his last adventure and Super Backpack are off on another adventure...but what's this?  Apparently having his brain sucked out by the Baby Alien has made the Glorkian Warrior sleepy and danger looms.  Will Super Backpack and Gonk be able to resuscitate their hero in time for PIE?

Ok, I'll confess I was a little annoyed by young Gonk, the Glorkian Warrior's new little buddy and his gibber jabber, but I'm sure the kids will just love him and his constant state of hyperactivity.  I also think that Buster Glark is such a good bully name, I can hear it in my mind "Buster Glark" said with a kind of disappointment and accusation, just like someone might say, "Malfoy" or "Scut Farkus."  With equal parts fear, annoyance and curiosity, just what horrible thing will they do next!?

Also, the way everyone talks is very realistic.  Kids will identify with it and find it funny.

I really enjoyed the zany antics of the first book, where the Glorkian Warrior attempts to deliver a pizza and that remains here.  The way that Super Backpack and the Glorkian Warrior play off each other is hilarious and will keep me coming back for more.