Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

Manga Dogs Vol. 3

I'll admit, I skimmed towards the end.  I probably wouldn't have read this if I hadn't forgotten about requesting it from the library.  As it is it arrived and with little enthusiasm I picked it up and read through (most of) it.

In this volume Kanna's series, Teach Me <3 Buddha faces cancellation, and everyone decides what it needs is a kiss scene!  But, Kanna's never drawn like that before, finally she nervously turns it in, will the fans like it?

What's this, a middle school kid is coming to observe the class!  What will Kanna do, he can't be fooled into thinking that the Manga Class is actually successful!  The harem do their best imitation of shonen manga stars, Kanna worries about the future.

Kanna is dressed in fancy clothes, with make-up and her hair done up!  Oh no, this must mean she has a boyfriend and will abandon her manga career!!  Oh, wait, it's just her manga characters birthday, she's not interested in 3D boys.  Crisis averted, whew!

The three must collaborate on a manga to submit to a contest!  Will they even be able to finish it!  Yes, but it sucks!!

And so we end this volume on the note that Kanna's series is once again being considered for cancellation.  Poor Kanna.

If you like all the typical shojou hijinks and lots of references to various series (in this one we can see many such from DBZ to PoT) then you may enjoy this, I however, have read endured my last volume.