Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

From an Imperfect Present

By Alfonso Font Tales of an Imperfect Future [Hardcover] - Alfonso Font

This stuff is pretty old school.  From the art styles to the stereotypes.

If you like space opera type stories about muscle bound heroes saving busty ladies and shooting laser guns, you might like these tales.  As for me?  A firm, "no thank you."

The men represented int the stories always managed to stay fully dressed (including weapons) while the opposite rang true for the women who were either completely naked or at the very least bearing both boobs to the fullest extent (meaning they were always well-endowed ladies).

There was once instance were a dude was fully naked, though shown from the back so all we see is the ass, compared to the women who had to bear it all facing forwards, so nothing was left to the imagination.  And that was excused by the fact that the naked dude in question was a sex droid, and the whole joke of that particular comic was that as opposed to the lady sex 'bot the male hero had ordered, he'd been sent a male 'bot who apparently was insatiable.  So, yes, that comic was making fun of anal rape.

The only comic that at least tries to question the status quo is the last one.  It is set up so that we readers see an astronaut on a failing ship longing for their lover whom they'll never see again.  We readers naturally assume that the narrator is the dude in the picture, but the last panel reveals that it was the woman who was in fact the astronaut and the dude the lover left at home.  However, did we have to get a full naked sex pose to understand that?  Oh, yeah, the dude was naked in this one too.  Why are all men so hairy in this and all women so devoid of hair?  Oh, yeah, it's those darn stereotypes again.