Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

In a Sense do you have sense?

(In a Sense) Lost and Found - Roman Muradov

An atmospheric graphic, the colors muted and set in a city that seems to be all dark corners and appraising glares.

I love the title and the idea that in this particular place innocence is something that could be lost, found, sold, stolen.  It's a commodity that one must protect.  When F. Premise wakes up to find hers gone, she tries at first to act as if she still has it, but it's absence is immediately noticed and she's sent to her room until she rediscovers it.  Of course, though, it's gone and Premise goes out the window to recover it.

On the streets she is reviled by the prudish public, until she trades her skirt for a pair of plus fours.  Apparently men (as usual) aren't held to the same standard as us ladies.  Figures.  She becomes nearly invisible in the pants, her lack of innocence unremarked.

In the end she finds herself faced with a choice and it's interesting to see what that choice is what she decides, so I'll leave it up to readers.  The colors and confusing layout made sense in the end, of this bizarre crooked and conspiratorial world.  A thoughtful and interesting work.