Hollowspine

I'm Reading Comeeks

What is Vapor?

Vapor - Max

Vapor is a comic about deciding that the world wasn't what you thought it was, or wasn't what you wanted it to be, or what you wanted it to be wasn't what it was so something's wrong with you, so you have to go out to the desert and become someone else or attain enlightenment or...something.

To tell you the truth I'm not really sure I like this one.  Nicodemus (Nick) spends his time arguing with himself, his shadow, attempting to reach a higher consciousness, but is always interrupted by daily concerns, such as hunger/thirst, need to poo and thoughts of sex.  Even the knowledge that there is a woman somewhere nearby is enough to give him a boner.

Something tells me I wouldn't get along with him at all.  He just wanders around using the world and leaving crap (literally) wherever he wants, without thought of how he is affecting the wasteland.

He seems to dislike everything that is happening in the world, but doesn't want to be part of a solution, instead just wanting to find a new world instead.  In the end though he decides not to help the Queen, instead forsaking her and the 'blackness' etc. of her wickedness and her seductive ways that would only lead back to the world Nick is trying to abandon  Then when Vapor appears to congratulate him on denouncing the Queen he starts arguing with Vapor, questioning if Vapor is real or what.

I think Nick is a self-important hypocrite.